Poetry Corner - My Fragmented Soul

by - April 04, 2018


You left me empty, frightened and alone
I had no place to run to, no safety I could call home
The joy that was a part of me lies crying on the floor
I step inside my sadness, my little black door

I felt my life was on a stage with blackness all around
I tried to fly on broken wings yet I could not leave the ground
I screamed a scream that no-one heard
Please open this prison and free this bird

Tears all dried up there is nothing left
A heart turned to stone empty and bereft
I run through a grassy field trying to break free
Where can I find you, where is me

Yet here I am I did survive
I escaped the torture the insidious lies
Little by little I will become whole
I will be the Master of my fragmented soul

You May Also Like

0 comments