Poetry Corner - Echoes

by - March 27, 2018

As part of this blog, I've decided to create a Poetry Corner in which I can express feelings, emotions and comforting words. I would also like to invite others to contribute and submit their own work. I wrote this poem - titled Echoes - as a tribute to the memories I have of my Mother. It conjures up feelings of warmth, security and love. I hope others can connect in a meaningful way to the words.

Reaching into forgotten places, searching
That familiar tilt of your head, captured in the fading photo
Your gaze rests on the yellowing keys of the piano
Where I picked up the fallen notes of your favourite piece
In a dance to the rhythm of our understanding

Those myriad depths of imperfection you feathered with your love
Cast wilful shadows at the windows,
My unfinished sentences once hanging in the air
Have been relegated to sit in the folds of your wrap
Enfolding me, warm and forgiving

Your favourite cup plays host to the taps reassuring drip
The pattern of untamed wild roses ramble like recalcitrant children
Who tested your patience, yet you loved the beauty of their petals 
And understood their hidden thorns
I pull my memories around me, savouring the moment
Where your essence touched my soul

You May Also Like

0 comments